What are the advantages of SDS Surface Drive compared to other conventional propulsion systems?
- 15% speed increase
- Tremendous steering capacity at high speed
- U-turn in 2 boat lengths
- The ability to use the boat in shallow water
- Guaranteed performance
- Reduced maintenance cost
- The opportunity to carry out the maintenance oneself without qualified engineering
- The small amount of spare parts to keep in the inventory
- A worldwide assistance in 24 hours for spare parts and technicians
SDS is a complete propulsion package that includes:
- Integrated control panel
- Hydraulics and steering equipment
- Emergency back up system
- Cardan shaft
- Coupling flanges
- Indicators and sensors
- Optional: Package with auto-trim feature
With the SDS all of the vital components are protected from salt water corrosion. All of the cables, sensors, hydraulics, hoses and electric connections are situated inside the engine room, way from the harsh environment. All of the bronze aluminium and stainless steel materials are casted and machined with NATO classification.
We provide you full calculations for:
Safety calculations according to classification rules
TYPE OF ENGINE
Many engines are available on the market. The SDS surface drive system can be adjusted to diesel, gasoline and turbine engines
To improve speed, compared to conventional propulsion, the target must be above 25 Knots and the power/weight ratio must be above 50 HP per ton.